Concept: Ratio and proportion |Level : Difficult | Asked in: SBI PO, IBPS PO, MAT.
1. There are 30 shirts in a wardrobe. The ratio of blue and red shirts in that wardrobe are 2:3 respectively. What is the minimum number of shirts that must be taken in order to be certain that at least two blue shirts have been chosen?
A: 2 B: 3 C:14 D:20
The ratio of blue shirts to red shirts =2:3
So, number of blue shirts =
Number of red shirts =
Therefore, in-order to be sure that at-least 2 blue shirts are picked, we pull out 18 shirts one after the other assuming all of them are red. And then then 2 more shirts are to be pulled being sure both of them are blue.
=> Minimum number of shirts to be pulled out = 20
2. The ratio of the number of chocolates with A and B is 3:2. The ratio of the number of chocolates with B and C is 3:4. If C has 72 chocolates, then how many chocolates does A have with him?
A: 72 B: 64 C: 81 D:90 E: None of these
Solution: C: 81
To get a detailed explanation + the easiest method to solve this, buy the paid version at http://www.aptilogic.com .
3. A container contains 180 liters of a mixture of milk and water. The ratio of milk to water is 2:1. Upon adding certain quantity of water, the quantity of water becomes 75% more than the initial quantity of milk. What is the new ratio of milk to water?
A: 4:7 B: 7:4 C: 3:5 D: 5:8
Solution: A: 4:7 |Concept: Ratio and Proportion + Percentages | Difficulty level : 2
4. There are two numbers, 3x and 2x. If 10 is added to 2x, and 5 is added to 3x, then the ratio between those two numbers changes to 7:10 respectively. Find the value of “x”.
A: B: C: D:
Solution: C: |Concept: Ratio and Proportion + Percentages | Difficulty level: 2
5. There are a total of 1510 books in a book-store. these books have to be divided among A, B and C in the ratio of : : . How many books did C receive?
A: 700 B : 500 C: 800 D : None of the above
Solution: A: 700 |Concept: Ratio and Proportion + Percentages | Difficulty level: 2
6. The total income(profits + cost price) of two business men, A and B are the same. However, A’s profit is 55% of his cost price, and B’s profit is 65% of his cost price. What is the ratio between the cost price of A’s business and the cost price of B’s business?
A: B : C : D : None of these