- New Delhi: Mongolian President Khaltmaagiin Battulga on Friday met Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu in Delhi.
Battulga is on a five-day visit to India with an aim to intensify bilateral ties between the two countries. He was received by Union minister Kiren Rijiju.
Battulga received a ceremonial reception at the Rashtrapati Bhavan and was received by President Ram Nath Kovind.
2. NTPC to build 5GW solar park in Gujarat: The plan is part of the NTPC’s aim to build 32 gigawatts of renewable capacity by 2032
The plan is part of the NTPC’s aim to build 32 gigawatts of renewable capacity by 2032 and reduce the use of fossil fuels in its energy mix to 70 per cent from about 96 per cent now
Image source: https://www.thehindubusinessline.com
3. Digital Payment Abhiyan: DSCI, MeitY and Google India join hands
Nasscom’s Data Security Council of India (DSCI) has collaborated with the electronics and IT ministry (MeitY) and Google India to launch a nationwide awareness campaign ‘Digital Payment Abhiyan’.
Airtel Payments Bank Ltd, Axis Bank, BharatPe, CID Karnataka, Google Pay, Government of Telangana, HDFC BankNSE -1.38 %, MasterCard, NABARD, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), Paypal, Paytm Payments Bank Limited, PayU, State Bank of India (SBI) and VISA have committed their partnership towards the initiative
As of Current Affairs September 21, 2019
- Civil Aviation Minister – Hardeep Singh Puri
- Chairman and Managing Director of NTPC: Gurdeep Singh.
- Headquarters of NTPC: New Delhi.
- Madhukar Kamath elected as chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for 2019-20
- Singer Sonu Nigam wins Magnificent Performing Arts Award at 21st Century Icon Awards in London
- IDBI Bank appoints Samuel Joseph as Deputy Managing Director
- Chairman of IDBI: M R Kumar.
- Headquarters of IDBI: Mumbai; Tagline: Aao Sochein Bada.
- IT Minister – Ravi Shankar
- Chairman of NASSCOM: Keshav Murugesh.