- A is B’s sister. C is B’s mother. D is C’s father. E is D’s mother. Then, how is A related to D?
|A) Grandfather||B) Grandmother|
|C) Daughter||D) Granddaughter|
2. A girl introduced a boy as the son of’ the daughter of the father of her uncle. The boy is girl’s
|A) Brother||B) Son|
|C) Uncle||D) Son-in-law|
3. Pointing to a person, a man said to a woman, “His mother is the only daughter of your father.” How was the woman related to the person ?
|A) Aunt||B) Mother|
|C) Wife||D) Daughter|
4. P is the brother of Q and R. S is R’s mother. T is P’s father. Which of the following statements cannot be definitely true ?
|A) T is Q’s father||B) S is P’s mother|
|C) P is S’s son||D) Q is T’s son|
5. Pointing out to a lady, a girl said, “She is the daughter-in-law of the grandmother of my father’s only son.” How is the lady related to the girl ?
|A) Sister-in-law||B) Mother|
|C) Aunt||D) Can’t be determined|
6. Pointing to a lady, a man said, “The son of her only brother is the brother of my wife.” How is the lady related to the man ?
|A) Mother’s sister||B) Grandmother|
|C) Mother-in-law||D) Sister of father-in-law|
7. A woman introduces a man as the son of the brother of her mother. How is the man, related to the woman ?
|A) Nephew||B) Son|
|C) Cousin||D) Uncle to Grandson|
8. In a family, there are six members A, B, C, D, E and F. A and B are a married couple, A being the male member. D is the only son of C, who is the brother of A. E is the sister of D. B is the daughter-in-law of F, whose husband has died. How is E related to C ?
|A) Sister||B) Daughter|
|C) Cousin||D) Mother|
9. Introducing a man, a woman said, ‘He is the only son of my mother’s mother.” How is the woman related to the man ?
|A) Mother||B) Aunt|
|C) Sister||D) Niece|
10. A is father of C and D is son of B. E is brother of A. If C is sister of D, how is B related to E ?
|A) Daughter||B) Brother|
|C) Husband||D) Sister-in-law|
11. Looking at a portrait of a man, Harsh said, “His mother is the wife of my father’s son. Brothers and sisters I have none.” At whose portrait was Harsh looking?
|A) His son||B) His cousin|
|C) His uncle||D) His nephew|
12. Pointing to a photograph, a lady tells Pramod, “I am the only daughter of this lady and her son is your maternal uncle.” How is the speaker related to Pramod’s father
|A) Sister-in-law||B) Wife|
|C) Either (a) or (b)||D) Neither (a) nor (b)|
13. Rahul’s mother is the only daughter of Monika’s father. How is Monika’s husband related to Rahul ?
|A) Uncle||B) Father|
|C) Grandfather||D) Brother|
14. A, B, C, D, E, F and G are members of a family consisting of four adults and three children, two of whom, F and G are girls. A and D are brothers and A is a doctor. E is an engineer married to one of the brothers and has two children. if is married to D and G is their child. Who is C ?
|A) A’s son||B) E’s daughter|
|C) F’s father||D) G’s brother|
15. A man said to a lady, “Your mother’s husband’s sister is my aunt!! How is the lady related to the man ?
|A) Daughter||B) Grand daughter|
|C) Mother||D) Sister|
16. There is a family of six persons A, B, C, D, E and F. They are Lawyer, Doctor, Teacher, Salesman, Engineer and Accountant There are two married couples in the family. D, the Salesman is married to the Lady Teacher. The Doctor is married to the Lawyer. F, the Accountant is the son of B and brother of E. C, the Lawyer is the daughter-in-law of A. E is the unmarried Engineer. A is the grandmother of F. How is E related to F?
|A) Brother||B) Sister|
|C) Cousin||D) Cannot be determined|
17. Pointing to a girl in the photograph, Amar said, “Her mother’s brother is the only son of my mother’s father.” How is the girl’s mother related to Amar ?
|A) Mother||B) Sister|
|C) Aunt||D) Grandmother|
18. Pointing to an old man, Kailash said, “His son is my son’s uncle.” How is the old man related to Kailash ?
|A) Brother||B) Uncle|
|C) Father||D) Grandfather|
19. A is the brother of B. B is the brother of C. D is the father of A. Based on these three statements, which of the following statements cannot be definitely true ?
|A) B is the brother of A.||B) B is the son of D.|
|C) A is the brother of C.||D) C is the brother of A.|
20. Rahul told Anand, ‘Yesterday I defeated the only brother of the daughter of my grandmother.’ Whom did Rahul defeat
|A) Son||B) Father|
|C) Brother||D) Father-in.law|
1. A is the sister of B and B is the daughter of C.So, A is the daughter of C. Also, D is the father of C.So, A is the granddaughter of D.
2. Daughter of uncle’s father — Uncle’s sister — Mother;Mother’s son — Brother
3. Only Daughter of your father — You. So, the person’s mother is the woman.
4. P, Q, R are children of same parents. So. S who is R’s mother and T, who is R’s father will be mother and father of all three. However, it is not mentioned whether Q is male or female So, D cannot be definitely true.
5. Girls’s father’s only son— Girl’s brother. Daughter in law of girl’s grandmother can be their mother, or maternal uncle’s wife, i.e. aunt. So relation cannot be determined.
6. Brother of my wife — My brother.in-law; Son of lady’s brother is the brother-in-law of the man. So lady’s brother is man’s father-in-law. i.e., the lady is the sister of man’s father-in-law.
7. Brother of mother — Uncle: Uncle’s son — Cousin
8. A is a male and married to B. So, A is the husband and B is the wife. C is the brother of A. D is the son of C. E. who is the sister of D will be the daughter of C. B is the daughter-in-law of F whose husband has died means F is the mother of A.
9. My mother’s mother — My grandmother: My grandmother’s only son — My maternal uncle. So, the woman is man’s niece.
10. A is father of C and C is sister of D. So, A is father of D. But D is son of B. So, B is the mother of D and wife of K Also. E is the brother of A So, B is the sister-in-law of E.
11. Since Harsh has no brother or sister, so he is his father’s only son. Now, wife of my father’s son — my wife. So, Harsh’s wife is the man’s mother or the man is Harsh’s son.
12. Clearly, the speaker’s brother is Pramod’s maternal uncle. So, the speaker is Pramod’s mother or his father’s wife
13. Clearly, the only daughter or Monika’s father is Monika herself So, Rahul’s mother is Monika Thus, Monika’s husband is the father of Rahul.
14. E is mamed to A or D. But B is marned to D. Thus, E is married to A. Thus, A, B, C, D, E are the four adults and C, F, G are the three children in the family. B and D have a child G. A and E have two children. They are C and F Now. only F and G are girls.So, C is a boy. Thus, C is A’s or E’s son.
15. Your mother’s husband — Your father; Your father’s sister — Your aunt. So, lady’s aunt is man’s aunt and therefore lady is man’s sister.
16. C is the daughter-in-law of A who is the grandmother of F means C is the mother of F. But F is the son of B.So. B is C’s husband. But C, the lawyer is married to the Doctor So. B is the Doctor. F, the Accountant will be the son of B and C. E is the unmarried Engineer. So. the other mamed couple can be that of grandmother of F i.e, A and D. But D, the Salesman, is married to the Lady Teacher.So. D, the Salesman, is the grandfather of F. father of B and the husband of A, the Lady Teacher.Clearly, from the given data, the relation between E and F cannot be determined.
17. Only son of Amar’s mother’s father — Amar’s maternal uncle.So, the girl’s maternal uncle is Arnar’s maternal uncle. Thus, the girl’s mother is Amar’s aunt.
18. Kailash’s son’s uncle — Kailash’s brother. So. the old man’s son is Kailash’s brother i.e., the old man is Kailash’s father.
19. A is the brother of B and B is the brother of C. So, C may be the brother or sister of A.
20. Daughter of grandmother — Aunt: Aunt’s only brother — Father.